Obviously, I majority of these things are not working or I would be in labor… right? I guess this should be a lesson to me and everyone else. Although, I did find some new techniques that I will post here and let you know if they worked.
- Raspberry Leaf Tea- Most studies show that this doesn’t actually induce you, but does help “tone” your cervix for labor and helps the uterus shrink back afterward. (Started 6 days ago)
- Evening Primrose Oil- Studies are inconclusive, but from what I have read it is recommended by many midwives and helps thin out the cervix. (Started 5 days ago)
- Walking- Is shown to help move the baby deeper into the pelvis. (Started walking more 6 days ago)
- Pineapple- I have been craving pineapple for weeks so I just have been continuing to eat it. (ongoing for 2-3 weeks)
- Exercise Ball- Bouncing on the ball has been shown to help with drawing the baby deeper as well as opening the pelvis. (6 days)
- Hot Baths/Showers – (Started 6 days ago and I seem to get a lot of cramping afterward)
- Acupuncture- Had a treatment 3 days ago for my back pain.
- Acupressure points (6 days ago)
- Nipple Stimulation- (6 days ago) However, apparently you have to do this for like 15 min and it is really uncomfortable. I usually only do a few minutes.
- Spicy Food- (6 days)
New Techniques to try:
- Labor inducing yoga dance… lol You have to youtube this. It starts with you rubbing your belly in a clockwise motion for one minute, followed by these deep squat walks (like a sumo wrestler) and then ending with a deep squat. You are supposed to do this whole thing for like 3 minutes and repeat. I read about it on a couple of different pregnancy discussion boards and ironically enough about half of the women who were at least 38 weeks+ went into labor shortly after trying this. I did about 3 sets and felt like I was going to die so I stopped. It really burns your thighs. I will let you all know if this helps at all! (1 day)
- Labor inducing yoga poses… These are great for relaxing and relieving back pressure if nothing else. (1 day)
- Thigh massage— I will have to try this tonight.
- Lastly…. Intercourse… I know some of you may be wondering why I haven’t tried this yet… Well.. Because I’m almost 39 weeks pregnant and it is literally the last thing I want to do. haha But… I think its time. 😉