Over the last few years I have heard so many different things that people have said to pregnant women whether it was to me directly with this pregnancy or my first one or things people have said to my friends. Feel free to share your story with me!
- “Can I touch your belly?” — ummm No.. The answer is always no. Unless I invite you to invade my personal space and touch my belly.. NO..
- “I can’t picture you have a girl.”– WTF does that mean?
- “Did you test for genetic problems or Downs Syndrome?”— A. None of your business. B. Way to put more worries and fears into a pregnant woman’s mind
- “Wow! You have your hands full, just wait until that one comes (pointing to my belly).” — This was said to me while my one year old daughter was crying in the grocery store. I replied with, “Thanks, I wouldn’t have it any other way!”
- “Are you worried about losing the baby weight?” — No, I’m worried about having a healthy child.
- “Are you getting drugs during labor? I would never do that!” (said to me by someone who has never had children)– Thanks for your input, but I don’t care.
- “When I had my child I ripped all the way to my ass.”–Umm WOW TMI and thanks for that image
- “Oh wow you still get sick at 35 weeks. That sucks. I never felt nauseous or threw up.”—Fuck you
- “Did you really plan to have another one that soon?” — They are going to be 21 months apart. I really don’t think that is that outrageous.
- “WOW! You look really pregnant!”– Uhh yea dipshit thats what happens
- “Wow! You didn’t waste any time! Are you sure you want a child right now?”– Said to me because my husband and I got pregnant on our honeymoon with our daughter. I got this at least 25 times during pregnancy and then it was followed up by… “Are you sure it didn’t happen before you were married?” Like WTF is wrong with people. A. Yes I’m sure b/c we stopped using birth control on our honeymoon. B. I would never change how our life turned out. I was told I had PCOS and would have a hard time getting pregnant. I felt beyond blessed to get pregnant when I did.
- “You don’t look pregnant yet. You just look like you drink a lot of beer.” — No words for this
- “How much weight have you gained?” —Never.. never ask a woman this
Please share your outrageous comments with me!