I just thought I would share a FAST recipe for all you busy moms/pregos out there. It doesn’t take long to eat healthy. This took me less than 5 minutes before leaving for work.
Crockpot Chicken Chili
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 can of beans (kidney, black, pinto, navy, white) rinsed & drained
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes w/ chilis or just diced tomatoes
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons Salsa Verde
- 1 jalapeno diced small with seeds and ribs removed (optional)
-Turn Crockpot on Medium or 6-8 hours. Add all 8 ingredients and stir. Yes, it is that easy. After this cooks for hours the chicken will be moist and will fall apart. You may need to use 2 forks to shred it up a bit more. When you serve this dish, top with a skim cheddar cheese, low-fat sour cream, hot sauce and a squeeze of lime. This dish is packed with healthy, lean protein, fiber, iron and more. This is great for pregnancy and it is healthy! Sometimes I serve with a couple whole grain, baked tortilla chips or use a whole wheat tortilla to dip. I usually don’t eat many foods out of a can or frozen, but when you have a busy day ahead of you and still want to eat healthy, this recipe is perfect!